Welcome to CAMEO, the NHS service in Cambridgeshire that provides specialised assessment, care and support to young people experiencing a first episode of psychosis.
Who can use Cameo?
Young People and their families living in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough and…
· Are aged 14-35 years old and…
· Are experiencing psychotic symptoms
· Have had fewer than six months treatment with an anti-psychotic medication.
· For those young people aged under 17, your treatment will be shared between CAMEO and the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
What if I don’t meet these criteria?
· For under 14 year olds, care is provided by the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services. Please see your GP to discuss referral.
· For over 35 year olds, care is provided by the Adult Mental Health Service local to your area. Please see your GP to discuss referral.
· For those living outside of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, please consult your GP to discuss your local services that are available in your area.
Please click the links below to learn more about what psychosis is and the wide range of services Cameo has to offer and how we can help.